WSET Level 3 Award in Spirits - Register your interest for September 2024
Vinspire Wine and Spirit Academy is Ireland's first company to offer this highly prestigous spirits qualification
The WSET Level 3 Award in Spirits is an advanced-level qualification for professionals and enthusiasts wishing to acquire a detailed understanding of the spirits of the world and develop the tasting skills required to accurately describe and evaluate a spirit.
This qualification is intended to build on knowledge and skills gained from the Level 2 Award in Spirits. You’ll acquire a deep theoretical understanding of the techniques used in spirit production, from the processing of raw materials to post-distillation operations. Through a combination of tasting and the application of theoretical knowledge you will learn to explain confidently why spirits look and taste the way they do and how and why they differ from each other.
- Course date and time: The course will take place over 8 days 10:00-17:00 between September/October 2024
- Classroom Days: Taking place at The Sycamore Room, Pembroke Wines, Burlington House, Waterloo Lane, Dublin 4 (D04 C9T2)
- Virtual Days: Through Zoom - link for each session will be provided prior to the course commencing.
COURSE DATES 2024 - 10AM-5PM EACH DAY
Day 1 - Classroom -
Day 2 - Classroom -
Day 3 - Zoom Virtual Class -
Day 4 - Zoom Virtual Class -
Day 5 - Zoom Virtual Class -
Day 6 - Zoom Virtual Class -
Day 7 - Classroom -
Day 8 - Exam Day -
- Private study time before the course: 12 hours
- Examination: at the end of the last course day - photo ID required on the day.
- Language of tuition: English
- Course is limited to a maximum of 12 places - as demand is very high for this course it is advisable to book early.
- Your study pack will be delivered to you in advance of the course (a minimum of 30 days before course start date once the course is booked by August 1st 2024)
- What's included: WSET Level 3 Spirits Study Pack, Tuition, Over 60 x Spirit Samples to be tasted during the course, Exam Registration and Fee, Further Training and Support.
- 3-month complimentary access to SommNinja®, the comprehensive beverage education app for Android and Apple designed by award-winning sommeler in Ireland, Julie Dupouy. Complimentary access code is provided upon request on the final day of the course.
- provided outside of course hours.
- Closing date for course registration - August 1st 2024
This qualification has a minimum requirement of 88 hours of study time:
- Minimum 36 hours in-person classroom session time with Vinspire Wine and Spirit Academy
- Minimum 52 hours personal study and revision
- 2 ½ -hour examination
The 2½ hour closed-book examination is made up of:
Unit 1: a two-part theory examination
- Part 1 is made up of 50 multiple-choice questions
- Part 2 is made up of short answer questions
- Unit 2: a tasting examination of two spirit samples tasted blind
You will need to pass both parts of the theory examination (Unit 1), and the tasting examination (Unit 2), to achieve the qualification.
On successful completion of the examination you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin, and will be able to use the associated certified logo.
It is recommended that you hold the WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits, can demonstrate the equivalent level of knowledge, or have extensive existing spirits knowledge by way of working at a high level in the drinks industry. You must be of legal drinking age in the Republic of Ireland. Photo ID will be required on the day of the exam.
The course specification is highly recommended for you to read through upon booking the course to give you an overview of the course structure, samples to be tasted, learning objectives etc.
Booking This Course
- To book a place simply click on ”Book Now” and follow instructions.
- All orders are subject to our Booking Terms and Conditions. In order to read them please follow this link Terms of service – Vinspire Wine and Spirit Academy (vinspireacademy.com)
- For bank transfers contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full directory of Vinspire Wine and Spirit Academy policies available on request.
- Please send your date of birth (for WSET exam registration) following booking your course to email@example.com