WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits - course details
Monday March 27th Course
- Course date and time: the course will take place over a single day 10:00-17:00 at Pembroke Wines Studio, Burlington House, Waterloo Lane, Dublin 4 (D04 C9T2)
- Examination: at the end of the day
- Language of tuition: English
- Closing Dates for registration Wednesday March 22nd 2023
About this course
- WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits course is a beginner level introduction to spirits for those starting a career in the industry or pursuing an interest in spirits.
- For individuals new to the subject, this qualification offers a hands-on introduction to the world of spirits. You’ll explore the main styles and types of spirits through sight, smell, and taste to develop an understanding of the key factors affecting flavours and aromas.
- There are no restrictions on entry for the Level 1 Award in Spirits.
- There are no requirements for candidates to have previous knowledge or previous experience of alcoholic beverages.
- Students who are under the legal minimum age for the retail purchase of spirits in the Republic of Ireland will not be allowed to sample any alcoholic beverage as part of their course, but this is not a barrier to successfully completing the qualification.
- Candidates applying to sit the examination must be over the legal minimum age for the retail purchase of spirits in the Republic of Ireland.
- Photo ID will be required on the day of the course / exam.
What you will learn
- The basic principles of spirit production
- The main types and styles of spirits
- How to serve spirits
- Factors affecting the flavour of spirits
- How to describe spirits using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Spirits® (SAT)
- Assessment is by a closed-book exam of 30 multiple-choice questions to be answered in 45 minutes.
- A total mark of 70% is required to achieve a pass.
What is included in the course fee
- Study materials: WSET Level 1 in Spirits workbook (all materials will be supplied on the day)
- Tasting samples: 9 spirits will be tasted during the course
- Upon successful completion, a WSET certificate and lapel pin
For further information, please access the specification for this course below
Booking this course
- To book a place simply click on ”Book Now” and follow instructions.
- All orders are subject to our Booking Terms and Conditions. In order to read them please follow this link Terms of service – Vinspire Wine and Spirit Academy (vinspireacademy.com)
- For bank transfers contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full directory of Vinspire Wine and Spirit Academy policies available on request.
- Please send your date of birth (for WSET exam registration) following booking your course to email@example.com